Monday, September 13, 2010

Elevated calcium levels anyone?

So I have this parathyroid problem which is resulting in high calcium levels (or maybe not). The doctors (and I mean plural) all want to know if any of my family has also experience with the high calcium levels.

I told them that Dad had 3 of the 4 parathyroids removed and they all thought that was very, very interesting. Of course they also think all his other problems were very interesting also.

So if any of you have the high calcium let me know. That would lead them to believe that we just normally have higher calcium levels than other people and that it isn't really anything to be concerned about and that the parathyroids are not malfunctioning. Apparently something about Vitamin D levels as well, but I'm so confused at this point I can only remember the calcium part!

1 comment:

  1. If that requires going to the doctor I'm afraid to say I have no idea. Though my bones do feel pretty strong:) Isn't that what calcium supposed to do?

    ReplyDelete