Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting Started

To start things off right I decided to start cooking low carb. I have made a menu for 2 weeks and chose some pretty simple things to make so Ry can cook them when I am in Utah. I have also planed to double the recipe (most of the time depending on how many servings it makes.) and send the left overs with Matt for lunch. That way he doesn't have a choice on what he eats. There are no fast food places in Gooding. Parker and Makeny think I am going to starve them to death and have decided not to eat what I have been cooking. Dinner for them now consists of a P&J or a bowl of cereal. I hope that they will get tired of that and return to eating regular meals soon.
The kids finally went back to school on the 7th and Ry has a women's fitness class. She says the class is really fun and enjoys riding the bikes. She says that the coach makes you do all these different moves on the bike. She also says some of the moves frighten her because when she leans the bike moves or shakes. When she said that I had visions of being in the ER and Ry saying mom I was only doing what my coach said I didn't know the bike was going to tip over and crush my foot. Only time will tell and I hope that won't happen...
We have done our weigh in and are off to a good start. I couldn't go walking today because it was raining (hard). Does chasing the kids around the house count as exercise or fun?

Good luck to all catcha next week.

Dawn and Ry
Still working on Matt

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea to make extra and send them off for lunch. I know that would help Kyle a lot! I'm excited see us all work together in this journey.

    ReplyDelete