Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Keeping up

So there I was working hard on the eliptical when who arrives but a very large and muscular African American gentleman. Now this presented me with a challenge. I couldn't very well slow down, I had to keep up with him! So I kept the pace I was going (3 miles in 20 minutes) the entire 20 min (I walked to the gym..add another 10 min.). When I got off the elicptical and was cleaning it up the gentleman said, 'wow..you were really moving, I could barely keep up with you!' my reply "oh...I was trying to keep up with you!'

Moral of the story...there is competition in everything, and it's not always bad!! ;)


p.s. do I get some extra bonus point for being the first to post? ;)

4 comments:

  1. I have "revived" my old mountain bike and like to take Erin and her friend for a ride in the trailer. For now I just take them to soccer practice and school (just a mile or two, but I have to start some where).

    War, survivor bracklets. Thanks, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post Jill, it is going to awesome to hear everyone's stories and ideas to keep us motivated, and it will even be cooler to see Mom, Lynette, Travis and maybe even Matt (fingers crossed) posting on a blog!! We are slowly catching up to the 21st century!!


    I'm not quite sure that everyone gets the "War" reference, but I'm with you bro, though I haven't listened to Romey in years. Yeah Kaden wanted one for a head band so he could be an Indian, whatever works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, don't forget to weigh in to get your initial weight. Report back by next Wednesday your percentage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a great story. I'm always trying to keep up with everyone around me too!

    ReplyDelete